Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

ARTIST: Shawn Huckins

Young Girl With Dog and Bird: Sorry To Tell You, But Your Girlfriend Looks Like A Farm Animal
Lemuel Cox: What The Fuck
Mrs. Elizabeth Garland: Do You Understand That I'm Ignoring You Because You're Being An Asshole?
Paul Revere: Whatever
Elizabeth Oliver: If I Don't Get Invited To Some Shitty Rooftop Party Where I Drink Too Much And Fall Into Someone's Mouth, I'll Be Pissed Off!
The Transient State of Mr. Henry Rice
Isaac Royall's Comment: What The Fuck?
GW's Comment: Rolling On The Floor Laughing
General Winfield Scott: Laughing Out Loud
INGRES: Laughing My Fucking Ass Off

His American Revolution Revolution series 
has caught the attention of the art world.

It explores 18th century American painting and portraiture 
in context of 21st century lexicons – facebook status updates, 
tweets, texting acronyms – that permeate today's popular culture. 

I'll tell you one thing, IFLI.

Huckins in his Middletown, Connecticut studio, 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Search